Cyber Essentials Practitioner
With instructor led learning covering topics ranging from understanding an attack surface, vulnerability scanning, understanding tool output and determining remedial activities
What Will You Learn?
- Cyber Essential Practitioner teaches the fundamentals of a network attack surface and how to identify vulnerabilities
- Candidates are given the opportunity to understand vulnerability scanners and how to read tool output
- Most importantly the focus of the course is in understanding the current security posture of a network and what recommendations should be made to increase security
Who Should Attend?
Those looking to take more responsibility of security awareness within their company/institutions as well as security professionals responsible for carrying out Cyber Essentials Plus assessments are ideal for this course.
Typical candidates consist of:
- Security Analysts
- Cyber Essentials Testers
- System Administrators
- Networking Team Members
This course focusses on the basics of vulnerability scanning and analysis. It is recommended that candidates have an understanding of networking and how IP communication works.
Candidates will also benefit from an understanding of what an enterprise environment may consist of and how internal and external risks differ
- Understanding the design of a network
- Understand what systems are likely to be internal/external
Fundamentals of Computer Communications
- Common Ports & Services
- Vulnerability Scanning Tools
- Configuring a scan
- Authenticated vs Non-Authenticated scans
- Understanding Tool Output
- Understanding the windows patching process
End User Devices
- Understanding the different types of EUDs
- Testing if users are protected against common attack types
- Risk rating systems
- How security policies can increase security
- Understanding techniques to reduce risk through policy/procedure/design
- Resolving risks
- Recommending secure configurations